How to Access Your Personal Medical Records?
You can request a copy of your personal medical records by submitting a completed Access Request Form or detailed letter by email or post, or by calling the Data Protection Officer.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Data Protection Officer, National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh, Cappagh Road, Finglas, Dublin 11, D11 EV29
- Phone: +353 (01) 814 0447
Access Request Form
Please complete the attached form here providing as much detail as you can to help us locate your personal medical records. You can submit this form by email or by post.
Alternatively, you can submit a request letter, with the following information :
- Full name (first name, family name, and maiden name if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Current address
- Previous address if applicable
- Telephone number
- Information that is relevant to the medical records you wish to access: date of attendance, procedure, consultant, etc.
- Photographic Identification (copy of drivers license or passport)
Proof of identity is required to verify the identity of the requestor and validate their right to access files.
You can call the Data Protection Officer to request your personal medical records. We will ask you a series of questions to help us locate your files and request proof of identification before releasing information.
How Long Does the Process Take?
We will acknowledge your request for information within 24 hours of receipt (Mon-Fri) and indicate a response time for the provision of information.
In so far as is possible, we endeavour to provide information within one month of the request, although this can vary. Timelines are determined by the volume of requests being processed at the time of the request, and the accuracy and completeness of the information provided by the requestor.