Mission, Vision, Values, Purpose & Strategy
The patient is central to our Vision, Mission, Values, Purpose and Strategy
Our mission and vision statements reflect our patient-centric ethos and commitment to the highest standards of healthcare. Moreover, patient wellbeing is central to everyday decision-making at the Hospital and forms the basis of the 2022-2025 Strategy.
Our ambition to become a paragon of orthopaedic medicine is motivated by a desire to improve lives through medical innovation and enhanced practice. We will deliver a premium healthcare model underpinned by academic and research excellence and the realisation of this vision will enhance the patient experience and contribute to improved clinical outcomes, health and wellbeing for all.
We care for all patients with excellence, respecting the uniqueness of each person and treating each one with compassion and integrity.
A National Elective Orthopaedic Hospital recognised internationally as clinical and academic leaders in the field of musculoskeletal disorders and orthopaedic rehabilitation.
- Inclusive & Patient-Centric
- Open & Collaborative
- Treating All With Compassion and Integrity
- Responsive and Innovative with a focus on a More Sustainable Future
Enhancing the quality of people’s lives by providing leading specialist orthopaedic care.
The following is a brief outline of the National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh’s strategic objectives for the period 2022-2025:
Hospital Infrastructure, Development and Expansion
- To upgrade, develop and modernise the Hospital.
- To provide additional capacity to meet current and future demand for services.
- To enhance the Hospital environment for patients, staff and students.
Develop and Increase Access to Services
- To develop and expand services including spine services, sports and exercise medicine and paediatric orthopaedic services.
- To uphold best practice models of care and pathways for improved patient outcomes and expedited care.
Organisation Development, IT Capability and Sustainability
- To develop our people and organisation capability.
- To address key recruitment challenges.
- To enhance IT infrastructure, creating a more connected environment.
- To develop an overarching sustainability programme.
An NOHC Academic Centre
- To establish an Academic Centre and dedicated space for education and training.
- To foster additional academic links with national and international academic institutions.
- To establish NOHC as a key clinical site for research.
Stakeholder Engagement and Funding
- To promote NOHC as the major centre for elective orthopaedic services in Ireland.
- To make strong representations for capital funding enabling critical development.
- To optimise NTPF initiatives for increased revenue generation.
“Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity”.
Chief Executive Officer
Team of experts
Our expert staff provide advanced treatment and safe and individualised care for patients who suffer from a broad spectrum of simple and complex musculoskeletal conditions.
The Hospital is proud to have the largest and most distinguished orthopaedic consultant panel in Ireland, state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical facilities, and a comprehensive musculoskeletal centre with specialist equipment for the treatment of orthopaedic patients.
Leading the way in orthopaedic practice in Ireland since 1908
We continuously pioneer new surgical approaches and interventions for the effective, safe and efficient treatment of patients. The National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh is an ardent proponent of education and innovation. As a teaching hospital, we educate and inspire future leaders in orthopaedic medicine, to the highest clinical, ethical and academic standards. And we commit to research, looking to advances in medicine that may contribute to better clinical outcomes and enhanced quality of life.
We hope that our knowledge, expertise and commitment to research, will contribute to a brighter future for patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions.