What is a Virtual Clinic?
A virtual clinic is a medical appointment by phone or video. You can talk to your consultant, physiotherapist or nurse from the comfort of your home using a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Online appointments allow us to see patients in a safe, convenient and timely manner.
Is there a charge for the call?
Virtual Clinic calls are free.
Is a Virtual Clinic suitable for everyone?
Not all patients are suitable to attend Virtual Clinics.
- If your clinician would like to undertake a physical examination or take an x-ray, you may be asked to attend the hospital in person.
- If you do not have a smart communications device, you can contact the hospital to arrange a face-to-face consultation or telephone appointment.
- If you have concerns about your health, and would rather attend in person, call the hospital to arrange an appointment.
Are Virtual Clinics private?
Yes, this is a secure third-party platform recommended by the HSE.
What browser should I use?
- If you use an Apple device we recommend the Safari browser.
- If you use an Android or PC device we recommend the Google Chrome browser.
- Virtual Clinics cannot operate on the Internet Explorer browser.
For more information
For more information on Virtual Clinics, click here