Our team of highly-skilled Chartered Physiotherapists have vast knowledge and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions. If you have been referred to the Hospital, you may benefit from our Inpatient and Outpatient services.
Helping You to Health
We work with paediatric, adult and older patients on a one-to-one basis and in group settings. Whether you are recovering from surgery, or require non-surgical intervention, our treatment and exercise programmes will help you to regain function and mobility and improve strength, confidence and endurance. Our core objective is to ensure that you receive the best treatment and advice for a full and fast recovery.
Physiotherapy and the Patient Journey
Working independently, or as members of an interdisciplinary team, we care for patients across all stages of the patient’s journey:
Referral to Physiotherapy
- Supporting Specialist Consultant Outpatient Clinics, MSK Triage Clinics and Day Ward
Initial Consultation (Outpatient Department)
- Working independently in the initial consultation and assessment of patients in the Outpatient Clinic
- Providing services for non-surgical patients requiring physiotherapy interventions through the Outpatient Clinic
- Connecting patients who do not require surgery and inpatient care with local services for the treatment and management of symptoms
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team in the Preoperative Assessment Clinic, assessing, educating and preparing patients for surgery
Postoperative Care & Rehabilitation (Inpatient Service)
- Mobilising patients within hours of surgery, delivering physiotherapy at the bedside to reduce postoperative complications and begin the process of recovery
- Optimising mobility, function and independence through treatment and exercise prescription
- Running educational courses for patients and their families
- Working closely with paediatric patients and their families to ensure they understand their treatment and postoperative care following scoliosis, limb reconstruction procedures (lengthening and correction of deformity) and other complex surgeries.
Discharge Planning (Inpatient Service)
- Being part of the discharge planning process
- Liaising with the patient, their family and community care providers as required
Services for Postoperative Patients (Outpatient Department)
- Providing services for postoperative patients following discharge from the Hospital through the Outpatient Clinic such as Knee Rehabilitation Classes.
- Hip Replacement Guide
- Knee Replacement Guide
- Shoulder Replacement Guide
- Elbow Replacement Guide
- Back Care Advice